- Raise participants awareness and understanding of Medicines and Medication
- Participants to have developed an understanding of how policies, procedure and laws related to caring for medicines and the recording of medicine regimes.
- Their roles, responsibilities and accountability in the care of medicines and related to the use of medicines
- Participants to have developed the knowledge of how to receive, care for, store and dispose of a variety of medicines safely at home and when travelling
- Participants to have developed a basic understanding about a range of common medication, monitoring use and accessing prescriptions.
- Participants to have developed a basic understanding of the different methodologies of a taking a number of medications and possible side effects of these methodologies.
- Promote the rights of the individuals when managing medication
. Any suggestions or comments about the course are welcomed as this will help the development of future courses.